Monday, May 12, 2008

Cleveland, OH

A great city is not merely a collection of buildings. It is a place of connections. At its simplest, a connection can be a bike path that connects a neighborhood to the waterfront or a bus line that connects people to jobs. At its most fundamental, a connection can be a shared space - an urban plaza, a neighborhood park, a community institution or even a coffee shop - that connects people to one another in a way that creates a sense of "place" and a sense of belonging - that elusive but enduring thing that we call a "community."

Cleveland is a great city, a place of connections - an evolving community, vibrant and viable, where we can all belong.
-adapted from the Connecting Cleveland 2020 Citywide Plan





Cleveland Bicycle Week
Saturday, May 10, 2008

Numerous organizations are coming together to produce the first ever “Cleveland Bicycle Week”
Promoting Cycling during National Bike Month by hosting fun and educational activities.


*****CHALLENGE*****

You guessed it girls, its time to dust off those bicycles and get peddling! I want you to do at least a mile on your bike... but if that didn't make you break a sweat.. then keep going!!!

4 comments:

Jill A said...

Howdy TL!!

I logged 23 miles last week, which brings my total to 92. Hey I hit Vegas didn't I??!! I'll do the challenge this afternoon!

Have a great day!

Susie said...

Hi--so sorry for the late check in..please add 16 miles to my milage..so at 96 miles I AM IN VEGAS. Will definitely take a bikeride..thanks for keeping this going..you're doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you had a great Mother's Day!!

Anonymous said...

Hey everybody! I'm walking again! After almost 2 weeks with this rotten cold, I got in a great walk today. It was such a relief to know I could still walk the hills. Even ran a little bit. My total is 181 miles now.

Anonymous said...

Well, girls, its been quite a week. Over 100 degrees most days. I think its going to be a long hot summer. I am going to have to discipline myself to walk early in the morning, otherwise its just not gonna happen.

My total for the week is 192. I guess I at least got to the next city. I can't even remember what it is!