Sunday, March 30, 2008

End of Week 1

Hi Girls!

Its been a great first week of the challenge! All of you have done more exorcise this week then last... and that means this challenge is working! We also added two new girls to the list bringing our walkers to 14! Welcome Jena and Baby~Amore'.

I have to say a big THANK YOU to Military Mom who has been on my heels the whole time. She has made me work hard to stay in front... This may be something you might want to try next week. Pick someone who is ahead of you by a mile or two and try to catch up or pass them next week! Keep it friendly though :)

Some of us should be reaching San Francisco by tonight.. which means tomorrow will bring us the city challenge and then on to Las Vegas!

The SF Challenge

1.. walk on the treadmill at the highest grade for 15 minutes


2.. find a hill in your neighborhood and walk up and down for 15 minutes...if you cant find a hill then do lunges!


3.. if you are doing this challenge using an elliptical/bicycle or any other machine then try it at a higher level for 15 minutes


If you have not reached San Francisco yet, don't give up! Keep reaching a little farther every day and you will get there!

PLEASE make sure you check in Monday to post your miles for the week!

Walk-On!!

6 comments:

Susie said...

Hi!! I look forward to seeing everyones numbers!!! I will report in tomorrow as i need to walk 38 miles tonight!! HAHAHAHA.. kidding. I am at peace with however I do thanks to some great comments and the realization that I will get more miles in as the weeks go by..and I walked more this past week than I have in a while. So..don't kick me to the curb just yet.
See ya tomorrow for the check in. Thanks for the badges and the motivation!

Military Mom said...

Can you say 42.5 miles? Heck yea! Did 10 miles today between the bike and the treadmill. Do we start over in miles tomorrow, or do we continue to accumulate miles beyond 42?

Military Mom said...

oh, and I did the 15 minute treadmill challenge. Walked 15 minutes at 8.5 incline.

Susie said...

Great--I get to post my milage after a SUPERSTAR. Congrats to MM and TL on the miles you loggeed this week!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone's milage.That is amazing! Please put me down for 13 ..yes 13 miles. I will do more this week. Promise. I already have my new fun ticker set up on my MOTIVATE page..there's a ticker with dice and poker chips!

debby said...

Hi all, I am having a great time on my vacation in Oregon with my best friend. My total for the week is 32.5 miles. I am pretty happy with that, and I hope to up my weekly miles as the weeks go on. This week I have walked in sunshine, rain, and snow! Tonight I felt like doing my stretching and weight-lifting exercises, so only took a short 10 minute run. But for being on vacation, I am satisfied with how I've done. I'm eating a bit too much, but not as much as I used to eat on vacation. I'll see you in Las Vegas soon! Thanks, Tigerlily, for making this so much fun!

Jill A said...

Okay, well, things didn't go as I had planned, but I got in a total of 10 miles this week. And really, for me that is pretty amazing considering before this challenge I was logging maybe 4 miles a week. I will step it up this week and maybe I'll actually reach SanFran by Friday!! =)